worship IN PERSON, by phone, and online
Back to Church 2022
- As the nature of the COVID-19 pandemic ebbs and flows, the Worship Committee was tasked by the Session several weeks ago to make recommendations for possible revised health protocols.
- These guidelines were developed by the Worship Committee, using health guidance and our understanding the needs of our church membership. They were approved by the Session on May 14. If you don’t feel comfortable with these guidelines, please continue to worship with us on Zoom.
- Here are the basics:
- Masks will be optional. We expect that many in our congregation will continue to wear masks at all times. Others may want to wear them while in a group of people, but remove them if there is no one nearby. This personal decision should be made in full awareness of your own health in consideration of the needs of others.
- There will be open seating.
- We will continue current practice, not sharing hymnals, Bibles, communion trays, offering plates. We will add sanitary wipes to the tech station for cleaning mics at the end of the worship service
- The fans will be used as needed for comfort, not for COVID-19 prevention. The fans have not been in use for several months.
- We will continue with special disinfectant cleaning between worship services.
- As the choir returns, members will sit in the congregation until time to come forward to sing.
- We are still trying to determine what we should do in regards to the Passing of the Peace and the singing in the closing circle.
- We recommend continuing current practice regarding nursery, for now. To be revisited toward end of summer.
- Continue current practice for Sunday school, for now, with the issue being revisited after the traditional summer break.
- The question of fellowship time after worship, with treats, will be referred to the Deacons.