worship IN PERSON, by phone, and online
In-Person Worship Protocols
- We will continue to offer worship virtually.
- Masks will be required for everyone over the age of two. For those without a mask, the church will provide
- Ventilation: Use fans to boost circulation of air.
- Water fountains: CDC Take steps to ensure that all water systems and features are safe to use after a prolonged facility shutdown to minimize the risk of Legionnaires’ disease.
- Signage: Signs will emphasize masking and distancing within the building. Policies will be clearly marked.
- Cleaning: Building and Grounds has developed guidelines for enhanced sanitation that have been communicate to the custodians, A fogger will be purchased to sanitize the sanctuary.
- Music: Band will play, we can sing along to ourselves, but the anthem will be either solos, recorded or instrumental. But no choral singing for a while. The musicians will be socially distanced
As we begin physical worship in the sanctuary the following will occur:
- Zig-zag seating (using every other row, spaced on inner or outer part of alternate pews)
- Remove the Bibles
- Remove the hymnals
- Remove sign-in sheets and blue folders
- Bulletins, we will only print 10
- We will use single serving communion cups that are available in the narthex for pick-up.
- No sharing of the peace
- We will not pass the collection plates. We will have baskets in front and back.
- Family units should sit together (kids with parents/grandparents), we will not have a nursery
- Eliminate final closing circle - no singing or holding hands
- No sharing of microphones
- Kirk repeats what is said during prayers of the people
- When choir resumes they will have fewer people, socially distanced 6 feet apart.
- No fellowship-time
- For those who wish to socialize after worship, please do so outdoors
- Hard surfaces - door handles/pew endcaps will be wiped down each week